Jan 23 2019
Jan 21 2019
Are you an avid Tabletop RPG fan with a few minutes to spare? We'd really appreciate you taking the time to fill in this short & anonymous Cubicle 7 survey. All feedback helps us to improve our service. You opinions are important to us and we plan to run a series of these over the next few months.
New to our blog and Cubicle 7? Welcome!
Cubicle 7 make clever games for awesome people. We're the creative team behind The One Ring Roleplaying Game, Adventures in Middle-earth™, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Fourth Edition, The Doctor Who Card Game, The Doctor Who RPG, and many more. 2019 promises to be an exciting year with lots of new releases including the Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game.
Our Store: http://shop.cubicle7store.com
Find us on DrivethruRPG here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/…/…/Cubicle-7-Entertainment-Ltd
And you will find our games in many local games stores!
Click here for our quick survey:
Jan 21 2019
My name is Emmet Byrne, I’m the Producer for Age of Sigmar, Adventures in Middle-earth and The One Ring here at Cubicle 7.
We’ve been a bit quiet on news for the Age of Sigmar Roleplaying Game (AoSRPG if you’re fancy), so I wanted to let everyone know we are working on it steadily behind the scenes. While I can’t give away too much now, I will have some big news to share in the coming weeks.
What I can say is that the AoSRPG will have a brand new rules system built from the ground up to reflect roleplaying in the Mortal Realms. The system uses d6 dice pools and players will choose from Archetypes during character creation. One of our key goals is to make the system accessible to new players so we have built "Archetypes" to choose from during character creation. These give you more focused starting options in order to make it less daunting for new players, but after that the game opens up completely as you explore and advance. We’ll be starting with the forces of Order, but we have plans for more "unconventional" heroes in future products.
All updates will be posted here on our blog, on Cubicle 7's platforms and you can also find me on twitter @Emmetation where I share some of my wandering thoughts as we write and develop the game. The folks on the Ratcatcher’s Guild (the Warhammer Fantasy Discord) have also been kind enough to create the "aosrpg" room for us in there.
All the best
Jan 18 2019
We have just added the Game Master and Player Maps to the Starter Set, with the pre-gens and other small edits to follow next week.
With this final piece of the puzzle finished we can focus on getting the set printed! We will update in relation to shipping as soon as we know more.
Keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter for news and updates!
Jan 16 2019
- GenCon: 1 – 4 August, Indianapolis, USA
- Origins: 12 – 16 June 19, Columbus, OH, USA
- You get to be part of the action and gain excellent experience working with the C7 team at the best US conventions!
- If you assist for 12 hours at origins or 16 hours at GenCon you will receive: an event badge, free Cubicle 7 PDF's of all the games you run and a Cubicle 7 GM Swag Bag. The bag will include exclusive branded merch such as a C7 T-shirt, pencils, erasers etc.
- Assist for 20 hours+ (at either event) and you will receive an event badge, free Cubicle 7 PDF's and an Elite GM Swag Bag, to include C7 T-shirt, pencils, erasers + an Elite GM Pin and an exclusive branded C7 gift
- The hours will be divided between Demo and Trad Events
PLUS we will announce one Grand Master GM at each convention! This GM will be chosen via participants feedback and will receive a very limited edition C7 medal and additional perks.
- Demo Events: these will take place during dealer hall time (2 hour sessions back to back from 9am to 5pm). They are lean and mean, designed to highlight and showcase aspects of the RPG that we want to impress on the players. These are for 4 players only.
- Trad(itional) Events: Trad events will only be run from 8pm-12am in the evenings and will provide a more traditional experience (for any con GM vets; Trad events are what we've typically run in the past).These will accommodate 6 players.
- Adventures in Middle-Earth™
- Doctor Who
- The One Ring
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.
- Which event you are interested in
- Info on events you have GM-ed at previously
- Preference for games (we will accommodate where possible)
- Any other RPG related info you think might help!
Dec 29 2018
The WFRP Starter Set contains everything needed to bring the grim and perilous world of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay to life. Whether roleplaying for the first time or preparing for your next epic campaign, this box is for you.
With over a hundred pages of adventures, rules, and setting, as well as maps, handouts, custom dice from Q WORKSHOP, Advantage tokens, rules references, ready-made Characters, a simple GM Screen, and more, this boxed set is the perfect starting point for anyone interested in WFRP.
The Adventure Book
The Adventure Book invites players of all experience levels into the rich, roleplaying playground of Ubersreik. For beginners, the starter adventure, Making the Rounds, introduces the harsh realities of life in the troubled fortress-town and takes you step-by-step through the rules. For more experienced hands, there are 10 scenarios aimed to expand your WFRP games, offering new locations, new characters, and new horrors to uncover.
Coming in at 40 pages, The Adventure Book is the ideal launching point for any new campaign, and can keep your WFRP group busy for several months.
A Guide to Ubersreik
The 64-page A Guide to Ubersreik highlights the bloody history and recent invasion of Ubersreik, examines more than 70 locations in the troubled town, details the surrounding fiefdoms, and introduces a wide array of antagonist cults at large in the area.
In addition, each entry comes with two adventure hooks, meaning every location, character, and political pitfall the book presents has examples of how to use them on your games of WFRP. Just using the scores of adventure hooks alone, there are potentially years of play on offer, it also presents Bestiary entries, potions, and even a new disease making A Guide to Ubersreik an essential addition to any WFRP library.
Dec 21 2018
We have just released an amazing value Doctor Who RPG Bundle of Holding offer! Not only will you get an amazing set of products at a super price, you’re also supporting a great charity: BBC Children in Need. But, you’ll need to be quick (unless you have a TARDIS) as it’s only available for a limited time.
- Doctor Who Roleplaying Game (retail price $30): The complete game (previously published as Doctor Who - Adventures in Time and Space) based on the Vortex System (Rocket Age, Primeval).
- All the Strange, Strange Creatures Volume 1 (retail $20): Aliens the Doctor has encountered on his adventures, aliens he has not yet met, and aliens he hopes never to meet again.
- Paternoster Investigations (retail $20): The sourcebook of Victorian-era adventures and Paternoster Gang campaigns.
And if you pay more than the threshold price of $30.86, you'll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection with four more titles worth an additional $72:
- Gamemaster's Companion (retail $20): A TARDIS-full of guidance for running Doctor Who RPG adventures, along with three complete scenarios.
- The campaign sourcebooks The Black Archive (retail $14), about UNIT, and The Silurian Age (retail $20), about dinosaurs in spaceships.
- All of Time and Space Volume 1 (retail $18): A collection of four complete adventures, Ghost Engines, Northern Knights, Schrodinger's Expedition, and Tomb of Cleopatra.
This offer also includes a 30% discount code for purchases of all Doctor Who RPG print products at the Cubicle 7 webstore.
Doctor Who logo © 1996 and TM BBC . Doctor Who logo and insignia © BBC 2018. Licensed by BBC Worldwide Ltd t/a BBC Studios.
Dec 19 2018
We are delighted to announce that The Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Starter Set PDF is now live on drivethrurpg:
This fantastic introduction to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay includes a 64-page guide to the town of Ubersreik and a 48-page Adventure Book to teach you how to play, with an introductory adventure plus 10 follow-on scenarios.
Dec 18 2018
You can now pre-order Bree-land Region Guide for Adventures in Middle-Earth™. If you purchase this week your PDF will follow before the holidays!
Cover art ©2019 Ralph Horsley
Welcome to Bree and The Inn of the Prancing Pony!
Nestled at the foot of the ancient landmark of the Bree-hill, Bree and The Prancing Pony provide a welcome respite from the trials of the road. With a wisdom all its own, Bree has endured for centuries, minding its own business and serving passing travellers with good food and better beer.
Surrounded by deserted and dangerous lands, and watched over by the mysterious Rangers of the North, Bree is the ideal place to begin a new journey or take a rest from a wearying one!
Bree-land Region Guide includes:
- Details of the Bree-land, including Bree itself, Archet, Combe and Staddle
- Things to do in Bree: new undertakings and suggested adventure seeds
- Maps of the Bree-land, Bree and The Prancing Pony
A complete set of customised journey tables for the Bree-land
- A new playable culture, The Dwarves of the Blue Mountains
- Three exciting adventures that begin at level 1 and carry the heroes to 4th level or beyond: Old Bones and Skin, Strange Men, Strange Roads and Holed Up in Staddle.
Bree-land Region Guide contains the information and adventures previously released as Bree for The One Ring Roleplaying Game, fully converted to be compatible with Adventures in Middle-earth and the 5 OGL rules.
The One Ring, Middle-earth, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises and are used under license by Sophisticated Games Ltd and their respective licensees.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publishers.
Dec 17 2018
We are delighted to announce that our Bree-land Region Guide for Adventures in Middle-Earth™ RPG pre-sale opens tomorrow with PDF's to follow on Friday. This means that those who order first will have their PDF before the Holidays! Here's a sneak peak at some of the interior art.